Wedding Photographer Kent FAQs
I have collected a list of wedding photography FAQs that clients ask me below. Of course, you might have questions which are still left answered – get in touch!
With such a choice, why would I choose you to photograph my wedding?
- One of the simplest questions and one which most photograhpers dread! – Every photographer is different, they have different styles, different personalities and look to get different things from their work.When you look at a photographers work, you should see what they see or don’t see, what they pay or don’t pay attention to. Does the work look like what you’d like? Can you imagine yourself in the photographs?
By asking these questions, you can quickly decide if the photographer is worth booking a visit with.
As a photograhper, I am a service provider. My aim is to develop a professional reputation built on trust and reliability. I am looking for your referral to your friends and family. Everything I do is done with this in mind. My style is relaxed but I deliver. I work by contract so we both know what to expect as a minimum.
When should I book my wedding photographer?
- Well, it depends on when you are planning to get married. If you are getting married in peak season during summer holidays then 12 months is a minimum, 18 months is realistic. I am already taking bookings 12/18 months ahead.
Do you provide images on a disc?
- This should be a Yes absolutely but, USB memory sticks and on-line galleries are becoming more and more popular. Whatever your choice of delivery, you can be sure your images will be available in a high resolution for you to print and low resolution to share and use for social media. I retain the copyright – you are free to print and share non-commercially. The images for printing are not watermarked.
How long until we can see our wedding photos?
- I will usually post a preview on my blog and send you a link within two weeks after your wedding day. You should expect to receive your full set of images within four to six weeks.
How far will you travel?
- I am based on the borders of Kent and London, I will travel within the M25 area with no extra charges. If you require me to travel further, no problem, we can discuss further at our meeting. I would love to be your photographer for destination weddings. Again, get in touch, I’d love to hear about your plans.
Do we get our engagement session?
- Yes, I include a pre-shoot. I have found that these sessions help you to relax and help you develop a better understanding of how I work.
Do you do midweek discounts?
- My prices are the same for both weekends and weekdays. As you will appreciate, weekday weddings require the same level of attention to detail and time.
If someone else wants the date we have requested but we haven’t booked yet, will you contact us?
- Yes, I will let you know that you have to confirm your booking. A booking is only secured with a signed contract and deposit. Deposits are non-refundable.
Do you think I really need a professional wedding photographer?
- Of course, I am going to say yes but, more importantly, do you think that your wedding memories are important?
In this day and age, everyone has a camera that is very capable of taking very good photographs – that was never the issue.
A camera is a tool, nothing more. It’s the person behind the camera that is important – their vision, knowledge and ability to know how to photograph.
Also, just as important is the amount of skill and experience that person has in developing those photographs before they are delivered to you.
Does my wedding photographer require feeding?
- This depends on how long you require me at your wedding and also, where your wedding takes place. It’s something we can discuss when we meet.
Who designs our album?
- As a documentary photographer, I will initially design your album with the story of your day. I will then send you a pdf of the album which you can look over. If you need to make any changes, I can simply incorporate those. Until you are 100% satisfied and sign off the pdf, the album will not be printed.
Can I get albums for my parents?
- Yes of course, one of the things I have built is a good relationship with major album suppliers so, whatever your needs – I am sure you’ll be more than happy with the choices I can offer.
I have another question?
Get in touch to see if I’m available for your wedding: